petek, 23. februar 2018

"Poppy Love Field" Mixed Media Canvas

Hi dear crafty friends. It is still February, the month of Love and our color challenge here at Lindy's is perfect for it. So for my today's project on their blog I decided to stay on the same topic, just adding some twists to the monthly challenge colors. I've made a mixed media canvas in the shape of a heart with gorgeous Poppies. 



Well... technically it's not a canvas, since I made the heart from thick cardboard which I glued together in three layers. I covered it with three coats of white gesso and applied some white crackle texture paste through stencil. When dry I added some gorgeous black color with Midnight Rendezvous Magical. I also added some gold splashes to add some interest.



I went for a watercolor look and Magicals are just perfect for it. I colored the chipboard Poppy flowers from Dusty Attic with three different shades of Magicals from lighter to darker one. I used Alpine Ice Rose, Peony Scarlet Red and Autumn Maple Crimson.





There is also a video tutorial for you on mine and Lindy's gang youtube channel so you can try it for yourself! I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with this project, I did!

Lindy's Products I used:

Thank you so much for taking time to stop by and see you soon!
Hugs, Aleksandra


Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar

Your comments make my day! <3